SY-Master of International Business Engineering
Elective 1: International sales
Elective 2: International purchase
The Master in International Business Engineering is a full-time degree (2nd year), entirely taught in English aimed at international and French graduates. It has been specifically designed for students who wish to acquire a dual competence in international sales or sourcing. The curriculum includes one compulsory semester in one of our partner universities (Semester 1) and courses in English at IAE Montpellier (Semester 2). The second semester is devoted to courses that enable students to delve into one of two specific areas of business: international sales and purchase. The Master also comprises a compulsory internship of 5 months minimum abroad, to facilitate students' entry into the professional world.
International learning experience
Internationalization of the teaching and learning environment at IAE Montpellier may take many forms. The course incorporates a mix of students from all over the world. This is the best way to use and improve a language. It is mandatory for students to spend one semester in one of our partner universities during the first semester.
Corporate learning experience
Business executives are involved in teaching the Master in International Business Engineering program. This ensures our students benefit from strong links with the business world. Through a combination of case studies, lectures and group work, this program prepares students to deal with the multitude of issues that firms must address. The final year internship is an assessed and compulsory part of the course.
Intended learning outcomes
The main objective of this program is to equip students with business and management skills supported by a global perspective.
- Knowledge: Upon completion of the program, students will demonstrate understanding of the accurate tools to develop and manage an international business
- Interpersonal skills: Students will be able to solve problems and to critically analyze. Students will also be able to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills and decision-making skills.
- Attitudes: Students will be able to work as part of a team and carry out a group project.
- International perspective: Students will understand the specified discipline from a global perspective.
- Understanding of the business world: Students will be able to understand business practices and related concepts and be able to integrate this functional knowledge in order to address business problems.
- Awareness of the broader trends in society (eg social responsibility): Students will be able to demonstrate awareness of ethical and social responsibility issues.
Access to the program is open to graduates holding a four-year degree or a foreign equivalent worth 240 credits (ECTS).
All applicants to the second year of the program must provide evidence that they earned 240 ECTS credits at the time of submitting their application. Entry requirements for the program are first about academic qualities and exam results. The second element taken into consideration is international working experience (or time spent abroad) and English proficiency. Any applicant whose first language is not English must certify proficiency in English when applying to IAE Montpellier. Such applicants must submit scores received on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) as part of their applications. The IELTS test of English is also accepted. The third element taken into account is the applicant’s professional plan and motivation. A TOEFL score of at least 80 or a TOEIC score of at least 750 are the minimum required for applicants to the program. The minimum score required for IELTS test is 6.
International sales engineers, International purchaser, marketing project manager, B to B seller, marketing assistant, transnational contracts negotiators, account managers, International human resources managers, project managers or Phd studies.