Your browser does not support JavaScript !


Place de la comédie

Upon arrival to Montpellier, you may visit the "Espace Logement Etudiant" exhibition at the Montpellier City Hall from mid-August to beginning of September. You will find help and small ads to find a shared appartment or any accommodation.

If you choose to book a room in a public University dormitory, please fill the box concerning accommodation in the Moveon application form.
Ms. Jessie CHIAVASSA (email : is in charge of the booking process.

Please don’t contact the CROUS directly.

IMPORTANT : Reservations are for 4 or 10 months. You will pay your rent until the 31st of December 2017 for the 1st semester or until 15th of June 2018 for the 2nd semester, even if you leave earlier.


  1. If you chose to book a room in a public University dormitory when filling the Moveon application form, and if there is availability, an email message will be sent automatically in June 2017 for the 1st semester's incoming students and in November 2017 for the 2nd semester's incoming students (not before) with a code to enter the online application of the CROUS (French University Housing Service) called INTERLOG.
  2. You will have to connect, select your room and fill in the form on line.
  3.  A few days later, you will receive an accommodation proposal which might be different from what you asked, depending on the availabilities.
  4.  Then you will have to pay for the safety deposit online with a credit card. This payment commits you to take the room you have booked and you won’t be entitled to change room once you have settled in the residence.
  5. You will be able to print a certificate of accommodation, directly from the Interlog online application.


Once you arrive, ask your residence if you are eligible for a housing allowance which will help you pay your rent (around 60€/month). It is called ALS and it is offered by the French Institution for familial affairs, the CAF. The demand is to be done online once arrived.
You will be asked to give the following documents :

  • Copy of the passport or ID
  • European Card of Health Insurance or proof of affiliation to the French Health insurance
  • Certificate of Enrolment at the IAE Montpellier
  • Certificate of honour written in French stating that you have the sufficient financial resources to live in France
Files linked to this page: